Wednesday, April 22, 2009

....sweet morning...


today is the 14th anniversary of the day my DH (dear husband) proposed. Brian mentioned this to the kids today at breakfast and they were a bit wide-eyed about the event. :D) Grace and John kind of looked at us differently for a few minutes while their Daddy went on about how Mommy was speechless when he proposed and how all she could do was cry. And then this special little family moment passed, daddy headed out the door, we cleared up breakfast and the kids left on the bus.


I am still reliving that moment 14 years ago. We had mentioned getting married and finding a home (not a rental) and starting a family (not anytime soon) but I was certainly surprised by his timing and the proposal itself. Me, speechless? Hard to imagine!


What a good reminder to myself that I need to journal about that special day 14 years ago, maybe find a photo of the 2 of us around that time to add to the memories. Ah, thank goodness for the art of scrapbooking, the act of preserving memories and our stories and the ability to save these special family moments forever.


In the meantime, I think I will add a picture of the 3 most important people in my life from last weekends hike.

Have a great day-Record a special memory while you have the chance!

No comments: