Saturday, April 18, 2009

My First Family (BIG) Hike

Since we live at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains, we have plenty of places to trail hike, quite close to home. Today we went to Sky Meadows State Park in Paris, VA for my first BIG family hike. My 8 yr old twins and DH (dear husband)have done other trails but I always had something to do. Not today! We opted for a "moderate" level of difficulty with one major steep grade and a fantastic view of the surrounding valley. This was really challenging for me but everyone's help, I made it! I am NOT a great outdoors person but love my family and want to do as much as possible with them, so I am quite happy with the outcome. Plus this was a great chance to check out the park and find a good trail for my Brownie Troop. Oh yeah - I'm going back!
I didn't get to take as many pics as I usually do (probably too busy trying to catch my breath at the top of each trail rise!) but I got a few. I can't wait to scrap these using the NEW Close To My Heart paperpak "Back Country". Here's a sneak peek at the papers and embellishments that I can't wait to use on our Family Hike!

No comments: