Thursday, September 24, 2009

All About Me



I'm afraid to see how long it's been since I've posted to my blog. Life has been soooooo crazy the last few weeks. So this weekend I am leaving town with some friends to get some serious scrapping done. I plan on working on an album "All About Me" for my focus. That's me in the picture. My maternal grandparents were tenant farmers in Clarke and Loudoun counties, so I got to chase calves when we visited, then go home to Fairfax where life was quite different. But no matter where we were, my father took a camera-thank goodness. Must be where I got my love of photography. I wish I could ask my Dad about some of his impressions of country life. He was born and raised in New York City but loved the idea of raising a family as close to rural areas as possible. Miss you, Daddy.

have a great weekend, everyone, and I promise to share some artwork SOON!!

1 comment:

stampmonkey said...

I hear ya on not posting for a long time...but that's okay cuz life is short and livin' it is more important. Hope you had a great time on your scrappin' weekend and made progress on your album. Very cute pic of you as a girl, and it sounds like you have wonderful memories of your youth. ;)